We have intentionally designed this program to be primarily based upon 1-on-1 coaching.
We have done so because we believe strongly that long-term, sustainable leadership growth is impossible without establishing strong client buy-in, self-awareness and commitment to change. 1-on-1 leadership coaching, more than any other training methodology, is the proven means for achieving those objectives.
Our 1-on-1 Coaching-based Approach
The first step within our leadership development program is to help each client become more aware of who they are and their unique gifts as a leader.
Next, we work with the client to design and implement a plan for their growth and development – to become the kind of leader they want to be. The kind leader who:
- leverages the unique set of strengths and skills they possess
- Identifies (with input from key stakeholders) his own blind-spots and opportunities for growth
- Creates action steps to address those blind-spots and opportunities
- Takes total ownership of her plan to grow and pursue her unique development path
- Establishes a system for regular assessment, accountability and course-correction as needed
Unlike most conventional leadership training programs, the “self-authored” leadership development plans at the heart of the Arrowhead approach generate the deeper client buy-in needed to ensure long-term, sustained growth.
What good is a lot of costly classroom time if your leaders fail to retain most of what they were taught only a few days after their training?
Our clients tell us they experience the difference of our 1-on-1 coaching-based leadership development program.
They tell us that when they work with Arrowhead they benefit from the strong sense of “presence” their coach brings to every session.
This “presence” facilitates higher levels of engagement and a sense of genuine partnership between coach and client in pursuit of the client’s self-authored leadership goals.
That partnership is what fuels the client’s momentum:
- their acquisition of new skills
- their development of confidence rooted in character
- their clarity of vision and purpose
Learning new skills is an essential part of any leadership development program. But it is the acquisition of confidence to apply those skills and the clarity to know how and when to do so that defines the long-term, sustainable value of any investment in leadership development.